Digital signage is all about interactive communication with your audience. Digital signage messages are used to inform and influence your audience, who could be prospects, customers, staff, or something different. The messages can be used to promote products, provide directions, explain corporate benefits, reinforce branding, manage key performance indicators and much more. As the costs for display, player, and component hardware have decreased, the use of digital signage has soared. The top segments for digital signage are retail, corporate, transportation, healthcare, and hospitality.
A Typical Digital Signage System
Digital signage solutions require digital displays, content management servers, and digital signage players. There is digital signage software on the players which is responsible for transmitting the information from content management servers to multiple displays. Just like any Information Technology system, you need a rock solid design along with hardware and software to make the digital signage solution work at its best!
Where to Start? Find an Integrator
It all starts with a company who can integrate the software and hardware into a system that works best for your company. This is the single most important decision you can make to creating a successful digital signage solution. Your integrator needs to have experience with digital signage and the ability to get the equipment needed to make it all happen. They need to know what viewpoints and lighting will work best for your situation. They need to be up to date on research and regulations concerning digital signage.
- Why Viewpoint is Important – Where do the screens need to be and how large? Are you trying to pull people from one area to another? What makes sense for retail may not work for corporate. This is where you can lean on your digital signage designer. Traffic and research will play a large role in the design also.
- Why Lighting is Important – What will work best in the room? Should the sign be backlit? Maybe spotlights around the sign could help?
- Why Regulations are Important – Are there local regulations, permits, and building codes that need to be taken into consideration before you install your digital signage? Do you own the property? Are you allowed to run wire?
Stable Hardware and Software is a Must
Make sure to use high-quality, stable components in digital signage players. If you cut costs with low-quality, unreliable hardware or software you will experience system failures.
The Quality of Your Graphics Matter
Your digital player must be able to show high resolution pictures and graphics and they need to be able to show movie files. You need to have the ability to overlay alpha-blended, semi-transparent anti-alias text on top of video.
It is hardware and it will need some service at some point! Make sure to make this as pain free as possible. You want to able to access and change out a display or player quickly and easily. Your integrator will play a large role in making this all possible.
Simptech Solutions has the experience and vendor relationships need to provide your company with a successful Digital Signage solution.
Contact us (513-257-2432) for a Free Consultation!
About SimpTech Solutions
SimpTech Solutions operates as a residential and commercial electronics systems design and integration firm to deliver simple, flexible, and feature-rich technology solutions for customers across Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati.
Why Choose SimpTech Solutions? Because we listen to you! Once we fully understand what you want, we can put together a solution to fulfill all your needs and your greatest desires.
- Guidance – The knowledge to educate you on the latest technologies available and discuss how they might benefit your lifestyle.
- Personalization – The skill to create or upgrade an electronic system that is uniquely yours.
- Convenience – All work from design to installation to user training is done for you. We handle all the details to bring you a great end result.
- Integration – The expertise to unite several separate electronic components together so they function as an easy-to-use cohesive system.